Your Membership significantly enhances the overall power of the hospice palliative care movement.
Your voice helps AHPCA speak out, so please join today!
AHPCA works towards improving quality of life and raising awareness of palliative and end of life issues in many different ways:
- AHPCA provides and maintains Alberta’s only Online Palliative Care Resource Directory
- Active letter writing, networking, phone calls and hard work by our Board, has set the stage for AHPCA to influence the palliative care planning process.
- Our members have told us that rural Alberta is often left out of palliative care awareness and educational training. We are committed to helping fill this gap by organizing Rural Roadshow workshops throughout Alberta.
- AHPCA has met with both Provincial and Federal Advisory Committees, and we have submitted several reports and recommendations regarding end of life care.
- AHPCA has organized radio and newspaper interviews throughout Alberta, including province-wide CBC Radio, which promote quality provincial end of life care.
As an Alberta wide association, our task is to represent our members and all Albertans, including patients and their families, professionals and volunteers. In our efforts to educate and to be inclusive, we have been listening and talking to members and others across the province. Your views are important and your membership has impact and gives us legitimacy.
5 More Reasons to Join
Your membership in the AHPCA automatically entitles you to:
- reduced conference and workshop rates *
- palliative care updates and newsletters from AHPCA & CHPCA
- affiliate membership with the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA)
- reduced prices on merchandise such as “A Caregivers Guide” on the online CHPCA Marketplace
- an opportunity to add your voice to our advocacy efforts on behalf of all Albertans
Members register for the AHPCA full day Roadshow Workshops for only $10.00.
Members receive a discounted rate for the CHPCA Annual Conference.
Thank you for supporting AHPCA by joining our membership, because together we can make a difference! To become an AHPCA member please:
If you would prefer, you can also print and mail or fax a completed Membership Form with your Cheque or FAX/Mail your Mastercard/VISA information to the AHPCA Office at:.
Alberta Hospice Palliative Care Association
1245-70 Avenue SE
Calgary AB T2H 2X8 CANADA
An acknowledgement will be mailed promptly after receipt of payment.