We’re excited to launch the Jean Stone Scholarship, generously supported by the Stone Family. The scholarship is in memory of their beloved wife, mother and grandmother, Jean Stone, who was a nurse, caring for others throughout her career.
Jean greatly appreciated the end-of-life care received while in Dulcina Hospice and wished this memorial fund to promote the well being of others and reward exemplary care.
This scholarship of up to $500 is intended to support volunteers working in palliative care by helping to broaden their knowledge. We will be awarding a minimum of 2 scholarships each year.
The scholarship must be put towards the cost of a conference or course on palliative care. This could be an upcoming educational opportunity in 2017, or one that took place within the past 6 months (June 1 – December 31, 2016).
There are many different courses and conferences out there. Some ideas include:
- Alberta Pastoral Care Association 49th Conference, April 21, 2017, Red Deer
- 17th Annual Mary O Connor Palliative and Hospice Care Conference, April 24, 2017, Calgary
- Palliative Care Education Program, Catholic Diocese Calgary, April 27& 28, May 5&6, 2017, Calgary
- CHPCA 2017 Conference, Sept 20-23, 2017, Ottawa
- 5th International Public Health & Palliative Care Conference, Sept 17-20, 2017 Ottawa
- Covenant Care 28th Palliative Care & Research Day, Monday October 23, 2017, Edmonton
- Sheridan College Death & Dying Program, 5 modules of online training
- Saint Elizabeth Hospice & Palliative Care Certificate, 5 modules of self-paced online training
Should you have any questions, please email [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 5pm March 31st 2017. Applications can be submitted online (see form below), OR mailed/emailed. Mailed applications and emails that are dated after the deadline will not be accepted.
Please download and read the ‘Criteria and Directions’ document before completing your application.
Application criteria and directions
Printable Application form
Once you have completed this form, please print out a copy to send to us. You may also want to print out a copy for your own records, as it is not possible to save the information you enter.
You can then either scan the printout and email your electronic copy to [email protected], or you can mail a printout directly to AHPCA, 1245 70 Ave SE, Calgary AB, T2H 2X8. Please remember to include your letter of support and your evidence of course/conference registration.
Complete the application online below.