- This event has passed.
2018 CHPCA Learning Institute
June 14, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 16, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The CHPCA’s Learning Institute brings together health care professionals from across the country for an intense learning weekend. The program is directed towards intermediate and advance learning levels and is facilitated by the best faculty in Canada along with recognized international leaders to make up a most sophisticated caliber of educators and mentors.
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Learning Institute concentrates on six intermediate and advanced learning streams. The 2018 streams are:
- Stream 1: Becoming Exceptional Leaders
- Stream 2: ACP In Canada: Engaging in This Movement as Clinicians and Community Partners: A Practical Experience
- Stream 3: Grief and Bereavement
- Stream 4: Clinical Practice – Pain and Symptom Management
- Stream 5: Advanced Clinical Practice
- Stream 6: Integration of a Palliative Approach: A Look at Serious Illness
The Learning Institute will take place June 14-16, 2018 in Ottawa, Canada at the Brookstreet Hotel. It will provide the best and brightest in the Hospice Palliative Care field and other allied healthcare professionals with the opportunity to advance their skills and share their expertise. The weekend will include intensive workshops that will be attended by doctors, nurses, pharmacists, researchers, spiritual care advisers and social workers.
*Please note that the Learning Institute is in English only