Alberta Hospice Palliative Care Association is a grass roots non-profit organization with a vision of comprehensive and quality hospice palliative and end of life care for all Albertans. We focus on education, advocacy, and supporting those trying to improve the life journey for individuals in the community. We have a small office in Calgary with 2 part time and 2 contract positions.
We are seeking a creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who can work independently in a collaborative environment. This part time position (2 days/week) reports directly to the Executive Director(ED). The Communications Coordinator strives to strengthen and grow the organization while assisting with fund development and special projects.
A. Position Responsibilities
- Organizes the representation of AHPCA to the media, public, palliative community and government
- Creates, writes, and distributes seasonal newsletters(through mailchimp) and regular email communications to members in accordance with the Association’s Communication and Membership strategic plan goals
- Manages and updates social media including Facebook, Twitter and Linked In
- Collaborates with the website designer in the maintenance of the Association’s website; updates and adds information as needed
- Coordinates the Communication Strategy as directed by the ED and the Communications Committee
- Maintains and updates the membership database, coordinating with the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association where necessary
- Teams with the Roadshow Coordinator to publicize the annual travelling educational workshop called the Roadshow
- Completes various day to day office administrative tasks under the direction of the ED
- Assumes responsibility for the AGLC fundraising Casino every 18 months including day of planning, organization and recruitment/scheduling of volunteers
- Assists the ED in researching areas the association may pursue for fund development, i.e. soliciting new donors, applying for grants, etc.
- Works with the Roadshow Coordinator to source funding for the Roadshow
- Related university degree/certificate in Communications/Public Relations and/or Fundraising
- Communications and/or fundraising experience in a non-profit environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google (email, calendar, drive, docs, sheets)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Determined to produce high quality product while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Passionate about working in non-profit and improving the lives of others
If this position sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to [email protected] by March 20, 2017. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we cannot accept phone inquiries.
Closing date March 20, 2017.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, qualified intern to help us create a promotional video. The successful candidate will have excellent video editing skills, creative vision, and be able to work well independently.
The primary responsibility of the videographer intern will be to capture video, edit and create a short marketing and communications video showcasing one of our events. The video will be aimed at both our internal and external stakeholders. The intern will report to the Communications Coordinator who will work closely with the candidate to provide support and guidance.
The Intern will need to provide their own equipment an access their own programs to complete all tasks.
- Capturing video content on location on April 7th to produce a short film highlighting the impact of our event. This will include vox pops from attendees and event footage
- Capturing vox pops from attendees at the event that can be used as stand-alone promotional clips, and also in the main video
- The film and clips created will be shared widely on AHPCA social media platforms and website to help raise the profile of palliative care in Alberta, to share the impact of AHPCA, and to encourage support for the organization
If this sounds like you, apply online at: https://www.joinscip.ca/internships/1119-videographer-intern
Closing date February 28th, 2017.